Georgia tops South Carolina behind RobinsonFeb 29, 2008 - 5:30 AM COLUMBIA, South Carolina (Ticker) -- Angel Robinson had 16 points and nine rebounds as No. 20 Georgia recorded its fourth straight win with a 55-41 victory over South Carolina in the Southeastern Conference on Thursday.
Robinson, who shot 5-of-9 from the field, also collected three steals and blocked a pair of shots.
Darrah Megan had 13 points and eight rebounds and Tasha Humphrey added 11 and seven boards for the Lady Bulldogs (21-7, 8-5 SEC), who built a 34-17 lead at the half before holding on.
Brianna Dickerson was the lone player in double figures with 11 points for the Gamecocks (14-14, 3-10), who shot 29 percent (14-of-48) and committed 19 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEORGIA (20) 34 21 55
SOUTH CAROLINA 17 24 41 FINAL
Feb 28 8:52 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(20) GEORGIA 34
SOUTH CAROLINA 17 HALFTIME
Feb 28 8:06 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Syracuse women stun South Carolina 80-72 in regional semis Mar 25
- Syracuse-South Carolina Preview Mar 24
- Syracuse's press will be challenge for South Carolina women Mar 24
- Gamecocks' A'ja Wilson poised for run to top of women's game Mar 22
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20