Bulger, Sanni help West Virginia hold off LouisvilleMar 2, 2008 - 1:26 AM MORGANTOWN, West Virginia (Ticker) -- Meg Bulger and Olayinka Sanni each scored 20 points as 13th-ranked West Virginia held on for a 78-70 victory over Louisville in a Big East Conference matchup on Saturday.
Chakhia Cole added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Mountaineers (23-5, 12-3 Big East), who made 11-of-27 shots from the arc.
West Virginia trailed by as many as 12 in the first half before cutting the deficit to 32-31 at the break.
The Mountaineers went on an 8-0 run to take a 49-44 lead with just under 12 minutes to play, and put the contest away with a 10-1 burst to take a 71-61 bulge with 1:25 remaining.
Angel McCoughtry had 29 points and 11 rebounds for the Cardinals (20-8, 9-6), who committed 26 turnovers and had their seven-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOUISVILLE 32 38 70
WEST VIRGINIA (13) 31 47 78 FINAL
Mar 1 4:16 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(13) WEST VIRGINIA 31 HALFTIME
Mar 1 3:01 PM
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- West Virginia tops Princeton in women's NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Princeton-West Virginia Preview Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16