Williams' 18 points leads Old Dominion past HofstraMar 7, 2008 - 4:09 AM NORFOLK, Virginia (Ticker) -- Shahida Williams scored 18 points and grabbed seven rebounds as No. 13 Old Dominion defeated Hofstra, 91-71, in a Colonial Athletic Association regular-season finale for both teams on Thursday.
Tiffany Green had 16 points and six rebounds and reserve Sierra Little added 17 and seven for the Lady Monarchs (26-4, 17-1 CAA), who will be the top seed at the upcoming league tournament.
Williams connected on 6-of-9 from the floor for Old Dominion, which will face the winner of eighth seed UNC-Wilmington and ninth-seeded Delaware. The Lady Monarchs, who shot 49 percent (31-of-63), aim for their 17th consecutive CAA tournament crowns next week.
Candice Bellocchio scored 21 points and reserve Linn Quamme scored 15 for the Pride (5-24, 3-15), who shot 46 percent (27-of-59) and have dropped nine of 10.
- Middle Tennessee women beat Old Dominion in C-USA title game Mar 13
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra Nov 27
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49 Nov 26
- Blue Devils take down Lady Monarchs Jan 2
- ODU extends Barefoot's contract two years Aug 8
- Blue Hens thump ODU in CAA quarters Mar 9
- Delle Donne pours in 42 as Delaware downs Hofstra Feb 16
- Old Dominion 53, James Madison 67 Mar 14
- James Madison beat Old Dominion for CAA title Mar 14
- Tennessee beats longtime foe Old Dominion 102-62 Dec 30
- Top-ranked UConn beats Hofstra 91-46 Nov 27
- Ogwumike's 25 lead No. 2 Stanford past ODU, 89-56 Nov 13