Gant's 21 points propels Texas A&M past OklahomaMar 7, 2008 - 5:41 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Danielle Gant scored 21 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as No. 16 Texas A&M defeated No. 10 Oklahoma, 73-59, in the Big 12 Conference finale for both teams on Thursday.
Takia Starks scored 19 points and Morenike Atunrase added 10 for the Aggies (23-7, 11-5 Big 12), who notched their sixth straight win.
The team's leading scorer, Starks finished 5-of-13 from the floor as she came off the bench in order to allow Texas A&M's seniors to start their final home game.
Holding a 33-26 lead at the half, Texas A&M limited Oklahoma to 35 percent (13-of-37) shooting in the second half and earned a split of the season series.
Courtney Paris was the one bright spot for Oklahoma (21-7, 11-5), scoring 27 points and grabbing 11 rebounds en route to her 89th consecutive double-double. She shot 11-of-18 from the floor and pulled down seven offensive boards.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OKLAHOMA (10) 26 33 59
TEXAS A&M (16) 33 40 73 FINAL
Mar 6 10:48 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(10) OKLAHOMA 26
(16) TEXAS A&M 33 HALFTIME
Mar 6 9:25 PM
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6