Saint Joseph's upsets Auburn, wins Hawk ClassicDec 30, 2007 - 12:25 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Amy Wold scored 17 points and Sarah Acker added 16 as Saint Joseph's knocked off No. 15 Auburn, 71-69, in the title game of the Hawk Classic on Saturday.
Beating a ranked opponent for the first time in three games this season, the Hawks (7-6) built a 20-point lead midway through the second half before the Tigers attempted to rally.
Auburn (12-2) ripped off a 15-0 run to close within a point with five minutes remaining, but could not get any closer as it had a three-game winning streak snapped.
Acker also grabbed eight rebounds and Jenna Loschiavo scored 11 points for Saint Joseph's, which shot 47.5 percent (28-of-59), making 10 3-pointers.
DeWanna Bonner scored 30 points and pulled down 19 boards for the Tigers, who lost despite holding a 20-7 advantage on the offensive glass that was turned into 19 second-chance points.
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Auburn women win in 1st NCAA since '09, beating St. John's Mar 18
- Auburn-St. John's Preview Mar 17
- No. 3 South Carolina women turn up D, beat Auburn 57-48 Mar 4
- Auburn women hold off Missouri 47-45 in SEC second round Mar 3
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- Frerking leads Auburn women over No. 16 Florida 80-59 Feb 14
- Coates leads No. 2 South Carolina past Auburn, 74-58 Jan 21
- Murray's 14 points lead No. 9 Kentucky women over Auburn Jan 17
- No. 12 Lady Vols breeze past Auburn 79-52 Jan 10