Elliott's 16 points help Kentucky topple GeorgiaMar 8, 2008 - 6:20 AM NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Sarah Elliott scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Kentucky upset No. 21 Georgia, 57-50, in the Southeastern Conference tournament on Friday.
Chelsea Chowning scored nine points and Amani Franklin added eight off the bench for the Wildcats (15-14), who advanced to the tournament semifinals to face sixth-ranked LSU.
Elliott connected on 6-of-17 from the floor and Chowning nailed all three of shots from the arc for Kentucky, which avenged a loss to Georgia in the SEC tournament in 2007.
The Wildcats shot 42 percent (22-of-52) while holding the Lady Bulldogs to 35 percent (19-of-54).
Ashley Houts scored 10 points, but Wooden Award candidate Tasha Humphrey was held to six and eight boards for Georgia, which failed to advance to the league's conference tournament semifinals for the first time since 2003.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20