North Carolina tops Duke for ACC tournament titleMar 10, 2008 - 12:07 AM GREENSBORO, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Erlana Larkins and Cetera DeGraffenreid each scored 17 points as second-ranked North Carolina captured the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament title with an 86-73 victory over No. 11 Duke on Sunday.
Rashanda McCants and LaToya Pringle each had 16 points for the Tar Heels (30-2), who won their 13th straight game.
McCants scored the final four points of the first half to help North Carolina take a 41-33 lead at the break. The Tar Heels used a 9-0 spurt midway through the second half to take a 56-43 bulge with 12:31 remaining and Duke never got closer than nine points the rest of the way.
Chante Black and Jasmine Thomas each scored 16 points to lead the Blue Devils (23-9), who made just 5-of-21 shots from the arc and committed 20 turnovers.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1