Ravens score 3 TDs in 4th to beat ChiefsAug 20, 2011 - 3:30 AM Baltimore, MD (Sports Network) - Neither first-team offense for Baltimore or Kansas City proved effective, but the Ravens scored three fourth-quarter touchdowns to down the Chiefs, 31-13, in preseason play.
Joe Flacco played the whole first half for Baltimore and completed half of his 24 attempts for 124 yards. Ray Rice rushed for a game-high 44 yards and scored a touchdown, a 26-yard romp three minutes before halftime.
Matt Cassel saw action into the second quarter and threw for 73 yards on 6- of-14 efficiency for the Chiefs, whose locker room before the game reportedly witnessed a fight between rookie wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin and running back Thomas Jones.
Baldwin, the 26th overall pick in this year's draft supposedly suffered a thumb injury during the incident.
Kansas City's Ryan Succop and Billy Cundiff exchanged field goals in the first quarter, the former's coming after Baltimore's Lardarius Webb fumbled a punt.
Rice's score left enough time for Tyler Palko to take the Chiefs 80 yards down the field, and the backup QB hooked up with Terrance Copper on a four-yard touchdown seconds before the break.
Succop added a 30-yard field goal in the third quarter, but Jalen Parmele rushed for a 10-yard TD midway through the fourth and Tyrod Taylor took one in himself from five yards out a little later.
Anthony Allen punched in a one-yard score in the closing seconds.
Palko finished 8-of-13 for 95 yards, while Taylor threw for 88 yards on 5- of-11 passes.
- KANSAS CITY: 13
Aug 19 10:57 PM
- == Preseason == Baltimore Touchdown - 1-yard run by Anthony Allen. (Jacob Harfman kick)
Chiefs 13, Ravens 31 4th - 0:05Aug 19 10:54 PM
- == Preseason == Baltimore Touchdown - 5-yard run by Tyrod Taylor. (Jacob Harfman kick)
Chiefs 13, Ravens 24 4th - 1:59Aug 19 10:45 PM
- == Preseason == Baltimore Touchdown - 10-yard run by Jalen Parmele. (Billy Cundiff kick)
Chiefs 13, Ravens 17 4th - 7:16Aug 19 10:28 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 13
End of 3rd
Aug 19 10:06 PM
- == Preseason == Kansas City Field Goal - 30-yarder by Ryan Succop.
Chiefs 13, Ravens 10 3rd - 6:58Aug 19 9:40 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 10
Aug 19 9:13 PM
- == Preseason == Kansas City Touchdown - 4-yard pass from Tyler Palko to Terrance Copper. (Ry
Chiefs 10, Ravens 10 2nd - 0:12Aug 19 9:13 PM
- == Preseason == Baltimore Touchdown - 26-yard run by Ray Rice. (Billy Cundiff kick)
Chiefs 3, Ravens 10 2nd - 3:10Aug 19 9:00 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 3
End of 1st
Aug 19 8:18 PM
- == Preseason == Baltimore Field Goal - 49-yarder by Billy Cundiff.
Chiefs 3, Ravens 3 1st - 5:55Aug 19 8:05 PM
- == Preseason == Kansas City Field Goal - 31-yarder by Ryan Succop.
Chiefs 3, Ravens 0 1st - 10:57Aug 19 7:46 PM
- KANSAS CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 19 7:38 PM
- Ex-NFL player launching site to honor Joplin tornado victim May 20
- Former Navy QB Reynolds gets OK to play in NFL this season May 13
- Ravens sign cornerback Jerraud Powers to 1-year contract May 13
- Eagles hire Joe Douglas, Andy Weidl to lead personnel staff May 12
- Broncos linebacker Shane Ray bulks up for 2nd season May 11
- Chiefs swap DBs, offensive linemen after rookie minicamp May 10
- Chiefs wrap 3-day rookie minicamp with plenty of questions May 9
- Chiefs' Tyreek Hill arrives for minicamp amid controversy May 7
- Chiefs sign 6 of 9 draft picks, undrafted free agents May 6
- AP Source: Chiefs reach deal with 2nd-round pick Chris Jones May 5
- Secretary of Navy backs Reynolds' NFL bid with Ravens May 5
- Chiefs cut safety Wilson, linebacker Gordon to create space May 3