Crosby's last-second field goal lifts Packers over ColtsAug 27, 2011 - 3:32 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Mason Crosby kicked three field goals, including the game-winning 50-yarder as time expired to give the Green Bay Packers a 24-21 preseason victory over the Indianapolis Colts.
The Packers scored a touchdown with 35 seconds remaining, converted the two- point try for a 21-21 deadlock, then recovered the onside kick prior to Crosby splitting the uprights.
Aaron Rodgers was near perfect in the first half, hitting 19-of-23 attempts for 204 yards and a touchdown for the Packers. On their second drive, Rodgers found Jermichael Finley over the middle for an 18-yard touchdown in a textbook no-huddle march.
Curtis Painter started slow but finished with 171 yards and two touchdowns on 11-of-21 efficiency. He found Reggie Wayne six times for 105 yards and a TD, a 57-yarder down the left sideline in the second quarter.
The Colts have yet to name their starting quarterback for the regular season opener as Peyton Manning remains sidelined with a neck injury and Kerry Collins is still adapting to the playbook. Collins, who came out of retirement and signed with Indy on Wednesday, did not play in the club's third exhibition contest.
Painter hit Chris Brooks on a seven-yard fade in the left corner of the end zone for a 14-10 lead at halftime.
Indy's Dan Orlovsky tossed a three-yard TD to David Gilreath late in the fourth quarter for a 21-13 advantage.
Graham Harrell led Green Bay on a game-tying 73-yard drive in the final four minutes, first hitting Ryan Taylor for an 11-yard touchdown with 35 seconds remaining, then connecting with Taylor again for the two-point conversion.
- GREEN BAY: 24
Aug 26 11:15 PM
- GREEN BAY: 24
End of Regulation
Aug 26 11:15 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay Touchdown - 11-yard pass from Graham Harrell to Ryan Taylor. (Grah
Packers 21, Colts 21 4th - 0:35Aug 26 11:10 PM
- == Preseason == Indianapolis Touchdown - 3-yard pass from Dan Orlovsky to David Gilreath. (A
Packers 13, Colts 21 4th - 3:52Aug 26 10:57 PM
- GREEN BAY: 13
End of 3rd
Aug 26 10:46 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay Field Goal - 32-yarder by Mason Crosby.
Packers 13, Colts 14 3rd - 8:45Aug 26 10:45 PM
- GREEN BAY: 10
Aug 26 9:31 PM
- == Preseason == Indianapolis Touchdown - 7-yard pass from Curtis Painter to Chris Brooks. (A
Packers 10, Colts 14 2nd - 0:26Aug 26 9:30 PM
- == Preseason == Indianapolis Touchdown - 57-yard pass from Curtis Painter to Reggie Wayne. (
Packers 10, Colts 7 2nd - 5:33Aug 26 9:10 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay Field Goal - 26-yarder by Mason Crosby.
Packers 10, Colts 0 2nd - 12:41Aug 26 8:50 PM
- GREEN BAY: 7
End of 1st
Aug 26 8:44 PM
- == Preseason == Green Bay TOuchdown - 18-yard pass from Aaron Rodgers to Jermichael Finley.
Packers 7, Colts 0 1st - 4:40Aug 26 8:32 PM
- GREEN BAY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Aug 26 8:07 PM
- Ex-NFL player chosen to be next Pittsburgh schools head May 19
- Jaguars sign veteran Linkenbach, release Oberkrom May 17
- Kyle Kragen follows in his father's cleats with Broncos May 13
- Recognized off field, Barrington key to Packers' LB plans May 13
- Packers sign their 3rd-round pick, linebacker Kyler Fackrell May 12
- Packers sign linebacker Kyler Fackrell May 12
- Jaguars sign former 1st-round draft pick Bjoern Werner May 11
- More homework to do for Packers first-round pick Kenny Clark May 11
- Packers sign 2nd-round draft pick Jason Spriggs May 9
- Colts give former college star Golson chance to shine May 8
- Chiefs sign 6 of 9 draft picks, undrafted free agents May 6
- Where's the beef? Packers' brawny rookie class arrives May 6