Young injures hamstring; Eagles top JetsSep 2, 2011 - 5:01 AM East Rutherford, NJ (Sports Network) - The Eagles closed out the preseason with a 24-14 victory over the Jets on Thursday night, but also watched Vince Young hobble off the field with a right hamstring strain.
Michael Vick's backup was scrambling on the right side in the final minutes of the second quarter when he pulled up limp and threw an incomplete pass.
Young, who was untouched on the play, hobbled to the sideline and was worked on by trainers, who targeted the quarterback's right leg.
He got up, walking under his own power, and appeared to reach down and grab the back of Vick's right knee as if to show his teammate where he was hurt.
Eagles head coach Andy Reid said it was a strain and that Young would have an MRI Friday morning.
"We'll just see how it goes here," said Reid. "I know he's not feeling very well right now, but we'll just see how it goes."
Young remained out -- Philadelphia didn't run another offensive play in the half -- and was 15-for-23 for 193 yards. He threw a 16-yard touchdown pass to Chad Hall in the first quarter.
Third-stringer Mike Kafka played the second half and threw for 76 yards and an interception on 7-of-11 passing. He suffered a rib contusion.
"I think Mike will be fine," said Reid. "We just have to see with that. Mike was able to get back in and throw the ball around a little bit."
Dion Lewis rushed 15 times for 62 yards, including a one-yard touchdown, and ran the opening kickoff back 40 yards for the Eagles. Graig Cooper also ran for a one-yard score in the win.
With Mark Sanchez sitting out, Greg McElroy started for the Jets and was just 3-for-6 for 29 yards. Drew Willy went 9-of-17 for 109 yards and threw a 14- yard TD pass to Scotty McKnight.
Ellis Lankster intercepted Kafka in the fourth quarter and returned it 67 yards for a touchdown.
Rookie Eagles kicker Alex Henery booted a 49-yard field goal, but also missed a 43-yarder.
Young signed a one-year contract to play behind Vick, who sat out the final preseason game Thursday along with most of the starters for both teams.
- PHILADELPHIA: 24
NEW YORK: 14
Sep 1 10:30 PM
- == Preseason == Philadelphia Field Goal - 49-yarder by Alex Henery.
Eagles 24, Jets 14 4th - 6:42Sep 1 10:10 PM
- == Preseason == NY Jets Touchdown - 67-yard interception return by Ellis Lankster. (Nick Fol
Eagles 21, Jets 14 4th - 12:43Sep 1 10:00 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 21
NEW YORK: 7
End of 3rd
Sep 1 9:53 PM
- == Preseason == Philadelphia Touchdown - 1-yard run by Graig Cooper. (Alex Henery kick).
Eagles 21, Jets 7 3rd - 9:51Sep 1 9:25 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 14
NEW YORK: 7
Sep 1 9:00 PM
- == Preseason == Philadelphia Touchdown - 1-yard run by Dion Lewis. (Alex Henery kick).
Eagles 14, Jets 7 2nd - 5:16Sep 1 8:38 PM
- == Preseason == NY Jets Touchdown - 14-yard pass from Drew Willy to Scotty McKnight. (Nick F
Eagles 7, Jets 7 2nd - 11:40Sep 1 8:30 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 7
NEW YORK: 0
End of 1st
Sep 1 8:14 PM
- == Preseason == Philadelphia Touchdown - 16-yard pass from Vince Young to Chad Hall. (Alex H
Eagles 7, Jets 0 1st - 4:54Sep 1 8:01 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Sep 1 7:36 PM
- Giants defensive tackle Damon Harrison buys mom a house May 23
- Fitzpatrick wants reunion with Jets, has no plans to retire May 23
- Jets' Darrelle Revis fires longtime agents May 19
- Former NFL player Tim Tebow writing book on 'life's storms' May 18
- Broncos still playing the Rodney Dangerfield card May 18
- Sam Bradford has no regrets, ready to move on with Eagles May 17
- Jets sign third-rounder Jordan Jenkins to 4-year deal May 13
- Carson Wentz kicks off his NFL career at rookie camp May 13
- Veteran departures pave way for duo in Bears rookie camp May 13
- Panthers hope Bradberry, other young CBs can replace Norman May 13
- QB Carson Wentz signs four-year contract with the Eagles May 12
- Jets sign draft picks Christian Hackenberg, Charone Peake May 12