Brown hauls in 2 TD passes as Steelers down BillsAug 26, 2012 - 2:41 AM Orchard Park, NY (Sports Network) - Antonio Brown caught a touchdown pass from both Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich, and the Pittsburgh Steelers posted a 38-7 victory over the Buffalo Bills in preseason action from Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Brown finished with 108 yards on seven receptions, while Roethlisberger completed 17-of-24 passes for 169 yards.
Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 89 yards on 7-of-18 passing for Buffalo. Fred Jackson accounted for the Bills' lone touchdown with a 1-yard plunge in the first quarter.
The Steelers tied the game in the second quarter after their defense forced a C.J. Spiller fumble. Isaac Redman capped the five-play, 18-yard drive with a short touchdown.
Pittsburgh then took a 14-7 lead when Roethlisberger connected with Brown on a six-yard scoring strike in the waning moments of the first half. Brown's reception finished an 11-play drive that began in the shadow of his own end zone.
The Steelers capitalized on another turnover to stretch their lead to 21-7. The Bills got the ball to begin the third quarter, but Troy Polamalu picked off Vince Young at the Buffalo 39. On the next play, Leftwich threw a TD pass to Brown.
Another Young interception resulted in a 10-yard TD catch by Derrick Williams in the fourth quarter. Danny Hrapmann kicked a 40-yard field goal and Chris Rainey added a 41-yard TD run to cap the scoring.
- PITTSBURGH: 38
Aug 25 10:23 PM
- == Preseason == Pittsburgh Touchdown - 41-yard run by Chris Rainey. (Danny Hrapmann kick)
Steelers 38, Bills 7 4th - 2:44Aug 25 10:14 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 31
4th Quarter - 3:47
Steelers 31, Bills 7 4th - 3:47Aug 25 10:11 PM
- == Preseason == Pittsburgh Touchdown - 10-yard pass from Byron Leftwich to Derrick Williams.
Steelers 28, Bills 7 4th - 10:34Aug 25 9:52 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 21
End of 3rd
Aug 25 9:38 PM
- == Preseason == Pittsburgh Touchdown - 39-yard pass from Byron Leftwich to Antonio Brown. (S
Steelers 21, Bills 7 3rd - 14:02Aug 25 9:05 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 14
Aug 25 8:49 PM
- == Preseason == Pittsburgh Touchdown - 6-yard pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Antonio Brown.
Steelers 14, Bills 7 2nd - 0:13Aug 25 8:48 PM
- == Preseason == Pittsburgh Touchdown - 2-yard run by Isaac Redman. (Shaun Suisham kick)
Steelers 7, Bills 7 2nd - 7:37Aug 25 8:20 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 0
End of 1st
Aug 25 7:55 PM
- == Preseason == Buffalo Touchdown - 1-yard run by Fred Jackson. (Rian Lindell kick)
Steelers 0, Bills 7 1st - 10:04Aug 25 7:28 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 0
1st Quarter - 14:02
Aug 25 7:10 PM
- Broncos still playing the Rodney Dangerfield card May 18
- Steelers sign tight end David Johnson to 1-year deal May 17
- Bills' Lawson to have shoulder surgery; Watkins' foot hurt May 17
- Buffalo Bills sign 5th-round draft pick, Jonathan Williams May 13
- Buffalo Bills sign 6th-round draft pick, receiver Listenbee May 12
- Buffalo Bills to retire Bruce Smith's No. 78 at home opener May 11
- Burfict, Jones take Bengals-Steelers rivalry to soccer May 10
- Buffalo Bills claim running back Dri Archer off waivers May 10
- Bills take step-at-a-time approach to groom QB Cardale Jones May 7
- Buffalo Bills rookie class displays Rex-like exuberance May 6
- Tackle Mike Adams among 3 cut by Steelers May 5
- Buffalo Bills buy land to expand practice field May 5