Moore's SO winner lifts Bolts over ThrashersJan 21, 2011 - 3:43 AM
After each team scored once over the first three rounds, Atlanta's Nigel Dawes was stopped by Dwayne Roloson. Moore skated in on Ondrej Pavelec and made a nice deke before sliding a backhander into the net.
Steven Stamkos scored twice in regulation for the Lightning, who have won 10 in a row against the Thrashers, including five victories this season.
Roloson made 27 saves for Tampa Bay, which has won two straight games via the shootout.
"It's just something that has worked out throughout my career so far, getting goals and points against these guys," said Stamkos, who has 25 career points (15 goals, 10 assists) against Atlanta. "We play them a lot so we're familiar with them, but we have two totally different teams this year then in the past."
Niclas Bergfors and Anthony Stewart lit the lamp for Atlanta, which hasn't beaten the Lightning since October 3, 2009.
Pavelec turned aside 29-of-31 shots for the Thrashers, who have dropped five of six.
"We played well, we battled and we got one point instead of two," said Atlanta head coach Craig Ramsay. "That's a frustrating thing, but we have to stay focused on the fact that we did get a point."
The Thrashers drew first blood at the 5:26 mark of the first period. Bergfors gathered the puck in the slot and slid a pass to the right circle for Freddy Meyer, whose one-timer was stopped by Roloson. But Bergfors controlled the rebound and fired a quick snap shot into the back of the net.
Stamkos' league-leading 36th goal with 2:47 left made it a 1-1 contest. A shot from the right circle resulted in a loose puck in front. Stamkos was right there for the tip-in.
Stewart's power-play goal at the 14:12 mark of the middle stanza gave Atlanta a 2-1 edge. Brent Sopel fired a shot on net from the point. Nik Antropov's rebound attempt was stopped by Roloson, but Stewart was right there for the tap-in.
Stamkos' second goal of the game came just 32 seconds into the third. Steve Downie's slapper from the point hit off the back boards. The puck bounced to the side of the net for Stamkos, who chipped the disc past Pavelec to make it 2-2.
Roloson made two saves in overtime, while Pavelec made one.
The Lightning have won five straight over Atlanta at Philips Arena...Tampa Bay went 0-for-2 on the power play, while the Thrashers went 1-for-2 on the man advantage.
- TAMPA BAY: 3
Final - 2OT
Jan 20 9:48 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 2
End of OT
Jan 20 9:41 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 2
End of Regulation
Jan 20 9:29 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Steven Stamkos (37), from Pavel Kubina and Martin St. Louis at :32.
Lightning 2, Thrashers 2 3rd - 19:28Jan 20 8:54 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 1
End of 2nd
Jan 20 8:35 PM
- Atlanta Goal - Anthony Stewart (11), from Nik Antropov and Brent Sopel at 14:12.
Lightning 1, Thrashers 2 2nd - 5:48Jan 20 8:24 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 1
End of 1st
Jan 20 7:41 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Steven Stamkos (36), from Victor Hedman and Brett Clark at 17:13.
Lightning 1, Thrashers 1 1st - 2:47Jan 20 7:35 PM
- Atlanta Goal - Niclas Bergfors (10), at 5:26.
Lightning 0, Thrashers 1 1st - 14:34Jan 20 7:14 PM
- TAMPA BAY: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Jan 20 7:08 PM
- Penguins starting G Fleury in Game 5 May 23
- Penguins remove G Murray after second period May 23
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 May 23
- Lightning-Penguins Preview May 21
- Murray or Fleury? Penguins weighing options in goal May 21
- Friday's Sports In Brief May 21
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals May 21
- Penguins find higher gear against Lightning in East finals May 20
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 19
- Crosby, Kessel help Penguins beat Lightning 4-2 in Game 3 May 19
- Confident Lightning feel Penguins haven't see their best May 18
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 17