Bryzgalov stands tall as Flyers edge PanthersNov 14, 2011 - 1:44 AM
Danny Briere, Braydon Coburn and Matt Read provided the goals for Philadelphia, which improved to 4-0-2 since dropping a 9-8 decision on October 27 to the Winnipeg Jets.
"I thought we played very well as a team," Read said.
Jose Theodore stopped 32 shots for the Panthers, who had picked up points in six straight games (3-0-3).
"We had periods tonight where our belief, commitment weren't there and it ends up hurting you on the scoreboard," said Florida head coach Kevin Dineen.
Read was awarded a penalty shot with the Flyers already down a man, and the rookie forward slipped the puck through Theodore to put Philadelphia up 3-1 at the 4:14 mark of the third period.
Tomas Fleischmann beat Bryzgalov with eight seconds remaining, but it wasn't enough for the Panthers, who fell behind in the first period on Briere's backhander from a sharp angle.
Coburn doubled the Flyers' advantage at 6:50 of the second. The defenseman joined the rush and carried the puck down the middle into the Florida zone. Coburn dished to the right for Jakub Voracek and continued driving to the net, where he knocked in the return feed.
Evgeny Dadonov put the Panthers on the board less than four minutes later.
Forward Stephen Weiss played in his 573rd game as a Panther, tying Robert Svehla for second-most in franchise history...Wayne Simmonds picked up his 100th career point with the primary assist on Briere's tally...Florida has lost four consecutive home games -- the previous three in shootouts.
- PHILADELPHIA: 3
Nov 13 7:30 PM
- Florida Goal - Tomas Fleischmann (6), at 19:52.
Flyers 3, Panthers 2 3rd - 0:08Nov 13 7:29 PM
- Philadelphia Short-Handed Goal - Matt Read (4), at 4:14.
Flyers 3, Panthers 1 3rd - 15:46Nov 13 7:01 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 2
End of 2nd
Nov 13 6:36 PM
- Florida Goal - Evgeni Dadonov, at 10:20.
Flyers 2, Panthers 1 2nd - 9:40Nov 13 6:19 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Braydon Coburn, from Jakub Voracek and Maxime Talbot at 6:50.
Flyers 2, Panthers 0 2nd - 13:10Nov 13 6:10 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 1
End of 1st
Nov 13 5:42 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Danny Briere (5), at 16:10.
Flyers 1, Panthers 0 1st - 3:50Nov 13 5:36 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 13 5:09 PM
- Panthers make Tallon president, Rowe GM May 16
- 'The Goldbergs' creator talks love affair with Flyers May 10
- Florida Panthers, Erik Gudbranson agree on 1-year deal May 9
- Trotz, Ruff, Gallant are Jack Adams Award finalists May 5
- Jaromir Jagr returning to Florida Panthers on 1-year deal May 5
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year May 3
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie May 2
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists May 1
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Apr 26
- Capitals' Orpik could be difference-maker vs. Penguins Apr 26
- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Apr 26