Jets down FlyersNov 20, 2011 - 3:25 AM
Andrew Ladd, Jim Slater and Nik Antropov also lit the lamp for the Jets, who closed out a perfect three-game homestand.
Ondrej Pavelec made 27 saves as Winnipeg/Atlanta won for the ninth time in the past 10 games against Philadelphia.
"It was a good game. I thought we played really well," Jets head coach Claude Noel said. "They are a dangerous team."
Scott Hartnell had two goals and an assist while Matt Read notched two goals for the Flyers, who saw their three-game winning streak come to an end. Sergei Bobrovsky allowed five goals on 39 shots.
The last time these teams faced each other was on October 27 and the teams combined for 17 goals in a 9-8 Winnipeg victory.
Saturday's game saw more of the same as Winnipeg jumped out to an early lead with three goals in the first 10 1/2 minutes of action.
Little struck first when he cleaned up a rebound in front of the net at the 4:45 mark while on a power play and added his second goal a little over two minutes later on a hard wrister from inside the left circle.
Ladd's tally also came with the man advantage when he received a pass to the left of the net and sent a quick shot into the twine before Bobrovsky could get across the goal mouth.
"We let them skate around and do what they wanted to do, and that's going to be the result in the first 10 minutes," Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger said.
Hartnell scored three minutes later for a 3-1 contest when he got a stick on Pronger's slap shot from the point on the power play.
But Winnipeg used two special-team goals in the second to extend its lead.
Slater wristed a shot into the top-left corner for a shorthanded goal after a Flyers' turnover gave him a breakaway 5:49 into the second and Byfuglien put the puck in the net from a tough angle halfway through the frame on a 5-on-3 to give the Jets a four-goal advantage.
Philadelphia battled back to get within one on Hartnell's power-play goal in the second and back-to-back tallies by Read in the third, with his second goal making it a 5-4 game with 2:14 to play.
But Antropov laid the puck into the open net after the Flyers pulled their goaltender with 1:16 left in regulation to put the game away.
Philadelphia's Jaromir Jagr missed the game with a lower body injury...Philadelphia had its streak of eight straight games with a point snapped...This was the Flyers' first game in Winnipeg since March 22, 1996.
- PHILADELPHIA: 4
Nov 19 5:53 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Matt Read (8), at 17:46.
Flyers 4, Jets 5 3rd - 2:14Nov 19 5:46 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Matt Read (7), from Scott Hartnell and Claude Giroux at 8:32.
Flyers 3, Jets 5 3rd - 11:28Nov 19 5:25 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 2
End of 2nd
Nov 19 4:53 PM
- Philadelphia Power-Play Goal - Scott Hartnell (7), from Danny Briere and Chris Pronger at 16:09.
Flyers 2, Jets 5 2nd - 3:51Nov 19 4:46 PM
- Winnipeg Power-Play Goal - Dustin Byfuglien (4), at 10:20.
Flyers 1, Jets 5 2nd - 9:40Nov 19 4:32 PM
- Winnipeg Short-Handed Goal - Jim Slater (6), at 5:49.
Flyers 1, Jets 4 2nd - 14:11Nov 19 4:22 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 1
End of 1st
Nov 19 3:54 PM
- Philadelphia Power-Play Goal - Chris Pronger (2), at 13:27.
Flyers 1, Jets 3 1st - 6:33Nov 19 3:43 PM
- Winnipeg Power-Play Goal - Andrew Ladd (6), at 10:15.
Flyers 0, Jets 3 1st - 9:45Nov 19 3:35 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Bryan Little (4), at 7:00.
Flyers 0, Jets 2 1st - 13:00Nov 19 3:26 PM
- Winnipeg Goal - Bryan Little (3), at 4:45.
Flyers 0, Jets 1 1st - 15:15Nov 19 3:22 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 19 3:15 PM
- 'The Goldbergs' creator talks love affair with Flyers May 10
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie May 2
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Apr 26
- Capitals' Orpik could be difference-maker vs. Penguins Apr 26
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Apr 25
- Capitals set for rare postseason rematch against Penguins Apr 25
- NHL Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Capitals close out Flyers in 6 games with 1-0 victory Apr 24
- Islanders on brink of ending 23-year playoff drought Apr 24
- Islanders on brink of ending 23-year playoff drought Apr 23
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Apr 23