Bruins sweep home-and-home set with LeafsDec 4, 2011 - 6:03 AM
Chris Kelly and Johnny Boychuk also lit the lamp for the Bruins, who have won two in a row and 13 of their last 14.
"During November, we played peally well," Boychuk said. "We just needed to make sure we started off December the same way."
Tuukka Rask won for the fourth time in his last five starts by making 21 stops.
Mikhail Grabovski provided the lone offense for the Maple Leafs, who lost both ends of a home-and-home set spread out over four days.
Toronto's James Reimer allowed four goals on 30 shots in his first action since suffering a concussion on October 22 against Montreal.
"I thought he overall looked very solid, it looked like he really hadn't missed a beat," Toronto head coach Ron Wilson said. "We just didn't help him very much."
Boston went up 2-1 at 13:11 of the second as Rich Peverley slid a pass from the right circle to the left wing for Kelly's tap-in.
It was 3-1 for the home squad just over three minutes into the third period as Boychuk ripped one home.
Horton's long shot from the bottom of the left circle with 5:34 to play wrapped up the contest.
Krejci snapped the scoreless deadlock at 4:20 of the second period with a one- timer from the right wing, but Grabovski's blast from the right circle got through Rask 48 seconds later.
Boston has won all four meetings against Toronto this season...Both clubs are in action on Monday, as the Bruins head to Pittsburgh, while the Maple Leafs take Manhattan for a date with the Rangers...Rask improved to 4-3-1 on the year...The Bruins have not lost in regulation in 14 games, their longest string since a 17-game run in 1982-83.
- TORONTO: 1
Dec 3 9:41 PM
- Boston Goal - Nathan Horton (7), at 14:26.
Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 4 3rd - 5:34Dec 3 9:29 PM
- Benoit Pouliot snap shot hit the goalpost.
Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 3 3rd - 16:14Dec 3 9:10 PM
- TORONTO: 1
End of 2nd
Dec 3 8:43 PM
- Boston Goal - Chris Kelly (10), at 13:11.
Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 2 2nd - 6:49Dec 3 8:31 PM
- Toronto Goal - Mikhail Grabovski, at 5:08.
Maple Leafs 1, Bruins 1 2nd - 14:52Dec 3 8:16 PM
- Boston Goal - David Krejci (5), at 4:20.
Maple Leafs 0, Bruins 1 2nd - 15:40Dec 3 8:15 PM
- TORONTO: 0
End of 1st
Dec 3 7:49 PM
- TORONTO: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Dec 3 7:15 PM
- Former Leafs coach John Brophy dies after lengthy illness May 23
- World championship offers audition for World Cup, draft May 5
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Barkov, Eriksson, Kopitar are Lady Byng finalists Apr 30
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Apr 28
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Apr 25
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Apr 25
- Hakstol's success opens NHL door to more college coaches Apr 21
- Bruins opt to retain coach Julien for another season Apr 14
- Maple Leafs sign Kadri, Rielly to 6-year deals Apr 13
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Apr 13
- Tortorella: Don't ask NHL coaches to fix stagnant scoring Apr 12