Blues blank Canucks; Steen scores twiceOct 27, 2011 - 6:32 AM
Elliott made 32 saves to pick up his 10th career shutout for St. Louis, which has won three in a row. Elliott improved to 4-0-0 on the season.
The Blues recorded their 1,500th win in franchise history.
"You can't get too satisfied," Elliott said. "You sit back a little bit and it comes to bite you. I try to keep an even keel. Every time I get in three I just keep doing the same thing."
Cory Schneider turned aside 28-of-31 shots for the Canucks, who have lost two straight.
The Blues broke a scoreless tie at the 8:29 mark of the second period. Schneider stopped Steen's shot from the right circle, but the St. Louis center jammed home his own rebound.
Steen put another goal on the board at the 6:17 mark of the third. A tough angle shot from along the left boards near the circle made its way through traffic in front and past Schneider.
Patrik Berglund scored with 2:51 left in regulation to make it a 3-0 game.
After making 15 saves over the first two periods, Elliott stopped 17 shots in the third frame.
"We've got to start scoring goals here, get some dirty ones," Vancouver's Henrik Sedin said. "We're getting enough shots to score some goals, we're putting our goalies in a bad spot when they need to make every save in the game to keep us in it. It's up to us in here to get a little grittier in front of their net and get some dirty ones."
These two clubs have split their four-game series in each of the past three seasons...The Blues improved to 3-0-0 this season when leading after two periods...Elliott recorded his first shutout in a Blues uniform...Kevin Shattenkirk had two assists for the Blues.
- ST. LOUIS: 3
Oct 27 12:34 AM
- Cody Hodgson backhand shot on Brian Elliott.
Blues 3, Canucks 0 3rd - 2:39Oct 27 12:29 AM
- ST. LOUIS: 2
3rd Period - 2:51
Blues 2, Canucks 0 3rd - 2:51Oct 27 12:27 AM
- St Louis Goal - Patrik Berglund (3), from Kevin Shattenkirk and T.J. Oshie at 17:09.
Blues 3, Canucks 0 3rd - 2:51Oct 27 12:27 AM
- St Louis Goal - Alexander Steen (5), from David Backes and Alex Pietrangelo at 6:17.
Blues 2, Canucks 0 3rd - 13:43Oct 27 12:04 AM
- ST. LOUIS: 1
End of 2nd
Oct 26 11:37 PM
- St Louis Goal - Alexander Steen (4), at 8:28.
Blues 1, Canucks 0 2nd - 11:32Oct 26 11:15 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Oct 26 10:09 PM
- Hitchcock hedges on lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks May 23
- Sharks-Blues Preview May 23
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks May 22
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece May 21
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks May 20
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Jones' 2nd shutout gives Sharks 2-1 series lead over Blues May 20
- Sharks power play helps drive postseason success May 19
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues May 19
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 18