Schneider stands tall again, blanks CoyotesNov 26, 2011 - 4:52 AM
Schneider stopped 24 shots in a win against Colorado on Wednesday and now has three shutouts for his career.
Ryan Kesler, Sami Salo, David Booth, Alexandre Burrows and Maxim Lapierre each had a goal for the Canucks, who have won three straight.
Mike Smith was tagged for all five goals on 37 shots for the Coyotes, who have dropped three of their last five.
"When you have a game like this you just have to put it behind you and prepare for the next one," said Smith. "We weren't anywhere near as good as them tonight and it showed. Time to get back to work tomorrow."
After a scoreless first period, Vancouver scored three times over a 2:12 span in the second to take control of the game.
The first goal came from Salo when his slap shot from the high slot beat Smith cleanly over the glove at the 5:01 mark of the second.
Just 1:32 later, it was a 2-0 game when Kesler's snap shot from the inside right circle on a partial breakaway sailed over the glove of Smith.
Just 40 seconds after that, Booth got the puck into the net with a one-timer down low.
Lapierre scored 12:51 into the third when he picked off a puck in the Phoenix end and was able to backhand it in. Burrows scored less than a minute later.
Vancouver plays in San Jose on Saturday...Phoenix hosts Dallas on Saturday...These teams have split the series the past four seasons...Vancouver was 0-for-5 on the power play while Phoenix went 0-for-3.
- VANCOUVER: 5
Nov 25 11:30 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Alexandre Burrows (7), at 13:47.
Canucks 5, Coyotes 0 3rd - 6:13Nov 25 11:21 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Maxim Lapierre (4), at 12:51.
Canucks 4, Coyotes 0 3rd - 7:09Nov 25 11:17 PM
- VANCOUVER: 3
End of 2nd
Nov 25 10:38 PM
- Vancouver Goal - David Booth (3), from Ryan Kesler and Kevin Bieksa at 7:13.
Canucks 3, Coyotes 0 2nd - 12:47Nov 25 10:14 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Ryan Kesler, at 6:33.
Canucks 2, Coyotes 0 2nd - 13:27Nov 25 10:12 PM
- Vancouver Goal - Sami Salo (5), from Henrik Sedin and Alexander Edler at 5:01.
Canucks 1, Coyotes 0 2nd - 14:59Nov 25 10:09 PM
- VANCOUVER: 0
End of 1st
Nov 25 9:45 PM
- VANCOUVER: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Nov 25 9:08 PM
- Coyotes, Tucson make it official: Moving AHL team to city May 19
- Tucson city council approves deal for Coyotes AHL affiliate May 17
- AHL board approves sale, relocation of Coyotes' affililate May 10
- Arizona's Chayka becomes youngest GM in NHL history May 5
- AP Source: Coyotes to promote 26-year-old Chayka to GM May 4
- Hockey sticks no longer one size fits all Apr 21
- Canucks sign goalie Thatcher Demko to entry-level contract Apr 20
- Phoenix mayor wants shared arena for Suns, Coyotes Apr 19
- Coyotes to buy Springfield Falcons, move AHL club to Tucson Apr 19
- Canucks sign North Dakota defenseman Troy Stecher Apr 13
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Apr 13
- Arizona Coyotes fire GM Don Maloney Apr 11