Blues double up DucksDec 9, 2011 - 4:50 AM
T.J. Oshie scored a pair and Chris Porter also tallied for the Blues, who improved to 6-1-1 over their last eight and continue to surge under new coach Ken Hitchcock.
Jaroslav Halak made 20 saves in the win.
Bobby Ryan and Devante Smith-Pelly both scored, while Jonas Hiller stopped 20 shots for the Ducks.
They fell to 1-2-1 under new head coach Bruce Boudreau.
Hitchcock took over for Davis Payne on November 6 and the Blues have recorded at least one point in 13 of his 15 games at the helm.
The grabbed a 1-0 on Porter's heads-up play midway through the opening period. Jamie Langenbrunner ripped a slap shot, which Hiller appeared to stop. The puck, though, snuck behind the netminder and Porter pushed it in from the side of the crease.
"I didn't see it," said Hiller. "I tried not to move so I don't put it in myself. I guess I depend a lot on my defensemen there to tell me where it is. I don't think too many people knew where it was."
The Ducks responded at the 14:31 mark, as Teemu Selanne found Ryan from behind the net for an easy tally.
In the second, Cole beat Hiller with a wrister off long rebound from a Matt D'Agostini shot and Carlo Colaiacovo released Oshie for a long snap shot tally for a 3-1 Blues lead 1:46 before the second intermission.
Smith-Pelly made it a one-goal game 3:17 into the third, chopping a deflected Ryan Getzlaf pass out of the air and past Halak, but Oshie notched an empty- netter from center ice with 46 seconds remaining to seal the St. Louis win.
"Not the way we wanted to win," said Oshie, "going kind of back and forth like that, but definitely take the two points any day."
This was the second meeting between the teams this season. The Ducks won the initial matchup, 4-2, on October 16...The Blues captured their 900th all-time win at home.
- ANAHEIM: 2
ST. LOUIS: 4
Dec 8 10:24 PM
- St Louis Empty Net Goal - T.J. Oshie (9), from David Backes at 19:15.
Ducks 2, Blues 4 3rd - 0:45Dec 8 10:20 PM
- Anaheim Goal - Devante Smith-Pelly (3), at 3:17.
Ducks 2, Blues 3 3rd - 16:43Dec 8 9:56 PM
- St Louis Goal - T.J. Oshie (8), from Ian Cole at 18:14.
Ducks 1, Blues 3 2nd - 1:46Dec 8 9:30 PM
- St Louis Goal - Ian Cole, from Matt D'Agostini at 7:39.
Ducks 1, Blues 2 2nd - 12:21Dec 8 9:14 PM
- ANAHEIM: 1
ST. LOUIS: 1
End of 1st
Dec 8 8:43 PM
- Anaheim Goal - Bobby Ryan, from Teemu Selanne at 14:31.
Ducks 1, Blues 1 1st - 5:29Dec 8 8:33 PM
- St Louis Goal - Chris Porter (2), from Jamie Langenbrunner at 9:19.
Ducks 0, Blues 1 1st - 10:41Dec 8 8:24 PM
- ANAHEIM: 0
ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Dec 8 8:09 PM
- Hitchcock hedges on lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks May 23
- Sharks-Blues Preview May 23
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks May 22
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece May 21
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks May 20
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Jones' 2nd shutout gives Sharks 2-1 series lead over Blues May 20
- Sharks power play helps drive postseason success May 19
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues May 19
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 18