Berglund, Blues down PredatorsMar 16, 2014 - 4:38 AM
Alexander Steen and Vladimir Tarasenko also scored for the Blues, who have won seven of their last eight.
"I'm playing the same way," said Berglund. "I've been shooting the puck. It's finding its way in, so it's obviously nice."
Eric Nystrom scored the only goal of the game for the Predators, who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Pekka Rinne gave up all four goals on 26 shots in the loss.
"It was just one of those games where we couldn't get much going," said Nashville head coach Barry Trotz. "And when we did get shots on net, their guy was on top of it."
St. Louis got the only goal of the first period at 11:32 on Berglund's first of the game. He picked up a bad clear at the right point and skated all the way to the left circle before wristing it home.
It was a 2-0 game at 2:02 of the second, as Berglund skated down the right wing on a 2-on-1 and shot it home for his 14th of the season.
The Blues took a 3-0 lead just over five minutes later when Tarasenko missed on a shot from the right side, but it hit off the backboards and came out to the left of the net, where he shoveled it in.
Nashville got on the board at 16:50 of the second during a sequence of shots in front of the net that saw Nystrom snap it home for his 13th of the season.
The Blues, though, got the goal back at 8:05 of the third, when a turnover in the neutral zone saw Jaden Schwartz take the puck down the left wing and pass it over to the right, where Steen one-timed it home for his 30th of the season.
Miller turned away all 10 shots he faced in the third to prevent any comeback hopes by Nashville.
St. Louis hosts Winnipeg on Monday ... Nashville hits the road for four games starting in Edmonton on Tuesday ... St. Louis swept the season series with Nashville, winning all five games by a combined score of 20-8 ... Nashville went 0-for-3 on the power play, while St. Louis went 0-for-1.
- ST. LOUIS: 4
Mar 15 10:36 PM
- St Louis Goal - Alexander Steen, at 8:05.
Blues 4, Predators 1 3rd - 11:55Mar 15 10:17 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 3
End of 2nd
Mar 15 9:42 PM
- Nashville Goal - Eric Nystrom (13), at 16:44.
Blues 3, Predators 1 2nd - 3:16Mar 15 9:38 PM
- St Louis Goal - Vladimir Tarasenko (21), at 7:21.
Blues 3, Predators 0 2nd - 12:39Mar 15 9:19 PM
- St Louis Goal - Patrik Berglund (14), at 2:02.
Blues 2, Predators 0 2nd - 17:58Mar 15 9:07 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 1
End of 1st
Mar 15 8:45 PM
- St Louis Goal - Patrik Berglund, at 11:32.
Blues 1, Predators 0 1st - 8:28Mar 15 8:26 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Mar 15 8:09 PM
- Hitchcock hedges on lineup for Game 5 vs. Sharks May 23
- Sharks-Blues Preview May 23
- Blues sticking with Allen in Game 5 against Sharks May 22
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece May 21
- Blues hope goalie change can slow down Sharks top line May 21
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks May 20
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 20
- Jones' 2nd shutout gives Sharks 2-1 series lead over Blues May 20
- Sharks power play helps drive postseason success May 19
- Hot Tip: Backes excels at deflections for Blues May 19
- Blues-Sharks Preview May 18