Fire, Dynamo battle to draw at Toyota ParkApr 24, 2011 - 2:48 AM Bridgeview, IL (Sports Network) - The Houston Dynamo and Chicago Fire battled to a hard-fought 1-1 draw in Major League Soccer action at Toyota Park on Saturday.
The Fire, who had lost three straight matches coming into the contest, snapped the losing streak, but dropped two points at home after it led for the majority of the match.
Chicago (1-3-2) got the game's first goal in the 18th minute when Diego Chaves scooped up a loose ball in the Houston penalty area and unleashed a rocket into the far-post side netting for his fourth goal of the season.
That was how the score stayed until the 83rd minute when Dynamo defender Bobby Boswell fought through traffic to get his head on a corner kick and snap it just inside the right post for this second goal of the season.
Chicago will try to get the full points at Colorado next Saturday, while Houston (2-1-3) hosts D.C. United a day earlier in its next MLS match.
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Revs aim to stop the rot against Fire Jun 12
- Orlando City stuns Fire with late rally Jun 6
- OCSC, Fire lock horns at Toyota Park Jun 5
- Dynamo, Red Bulls clash at BBVA Jun 4
- Chicago invades RFK to tangle with DCU Jun 2