Moor's late strike helps Rapids snap winless streakJun 12, 2011 - 4:56 AM Portland, OR (Sports Network) - For just about 90 minutes, it appeared as though the Colorado Rapids were headed for their seventh successive draw.
Colorado (5-3-7) was locked in a 0-0 stalemate with the Portland Timbers at Jeld-Wen Field, but Drew Moor popped up in the second minute of added time to fire home the lone goal of the match, giving the Rapids a 1-0 win.
Portland goalkeeper Troy Perkins kept his team in the game with a pair of nice saves on Colorado's Caleb Folan in the first half.
But Portland (5-6-2) generated the best chance of the match until stoppage time in the 57th minute when Kenny Cooper found room near the edge of the area for a shot that was kept out by a great diving save from Rapids goalkeeper Matt Pickens.
The game entered extra time with neither side really looking threatening, but a wild scramble ensued after a ball was played into the Portland penalty area, and it ended with Moor pouncing on a loose ball near the penalty spot to smash the winner into an empty net.
The Timbers had won their first five games at home, but have now lost two straight at the ground and three games in succession overall.
- COLORADO: 1
Jun 12 12:30 AM
- COLORADO: 0
1st Half - 1'
Jun 11 10:40 PM
- Timbers' Adi named Player of the Week Jun 30
- Adi leads Timbers over Sounders in Cascadia Cup Jun 28
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Timbers, Sounders set for Cascadia clash Jun 26
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Keane shines as Los Angeles pummels Portland Jun 25
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- West rivals clash as Galaxy host Timbers Jun 23
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19