Fire blank Rapids to extend unbeaten streakAug 28, 2011 - 3:06 AM Bridgeview, IL (Sports Network) - With a 2-0 victory over the Colorado Rapids on Saturday at Toyota Park, the Chicago Fire have managed to put together a recent string of good results.
Dominic Oduro and Cory Gibbs both recorded goals in the first half to give Chicago, now unbeaten in its last four matches, its second consecutive win.
Oduro struck in the 17th minute, taking a pass from Pavel Pardo on a fast break before slotting his shot past Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens for his ninth goal of the year.
Gibbs doubled the lead in the 36th minute, heading home a Sebastian Grazzini cross to seal all three points.
Chicago remains in seventh place in the Eastern Conference, but has accumulated 27 points on the season, eight of which have in the past four matches.
With the loss, Colorado's unbeaten streak comes to a halt at seven games, keeping the club in fourth place in the Western Conference.
Chicago (4-7-15) returns to MLS action on September 10 when it faces the San Jose Earthquakes at Buck Shaw Stadium, while Colorado (10-7-11) will head to the Home Depot Center and play the Los Angeles Galaxy on September 9.
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Revs aim to stop the rot against Fire Jun 12
- Orlando City stuns Fire with late rally Jun 6
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5