Columbus, New York play to scoreless drawMar 26, 2011 - 10:30 PM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Red Bull New York had to settle for a 0-0 draw against the Columbus Crew at Crew Stadium on Saturday, giving New York two successive shutouts to start the season.
Robbie Rogers went close for Columbus (0-1-1) in the 43rd minute as he carved out the best chance in the first half, while the Crew's Emmanuel Ekpo also narrowly missed the left post in the 55th minute.
Substitute Tommy Heinemann came close to winning the game for Columbus, but his effort in the 81st minute also failed to hit the target.
New York (1-0-1) was playing without star striker Thierry Henry because of a hamstring problem, and it clearly missed him as the Red Bull attack lacked any real punch.
Columbus will be back in action on Friday, April 1 against FC Dallas, while New York hosts Houston one day later.
- NEW YORK: 0
Mar 26 5:58 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Half - 1'
Mar 26 4:11 PM
- Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls down NYCFC at Yankee Stadium Jun 29
- Columbus earns draw with RSL at Rio Tinto Jun 28
- Red Bulls, NYCFC set for New York derby Jun 26
- Columbus hits the road to face RSL Jun 26
- Kamara leads the way as Columbus edges New England Jun 24
- New York halts losing skid against nine-man RSL Jun 24
- Revs, Crew SC tangle at MAPFRE Stadium Jun 23
- RSL tries to pile more misery on RBNY Jun 23
- Ousted saves two PK's as Whitecaps top Red Bulls Jun 20
- Red Bulls try to stop the rot against Vancouver Jun 19
- Higuain helps Crew SC draw Galaxy Jun 13
- Crew SC, Galaxy square off at Mapfre Stadium Jun 12