Houston, Chicago play to scoreless drawJul 4, 2012 - 2:49 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The only fireworks at BBVA Compass Stadium on Tuesday night were after the match between the Houston Dynamo and the Chicago Fire.
Houston and Chicago combined for just three shots on goal as the clubs settled for a 0-0 tie in front of 22,039 fans, who were treated to a fireworks display after the MLS match.
The Dynamo (6-5-6) remained undefeated with four wins and three draws in seven games at their new stadium, which opened in May.
The Fire (8-5-4) had their three-game win streak snapped, but picked up a draw to extend their unbeaten run to four matches.
Chicago had its lone shot on goal just 12 minutes into the game as Marco Pappa forced a save from Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall, who posted his fifth shutout this season.
Fire goalkeeper Sean Johnson was untested until the closing 20 minutes, and he made saves on Brian Ownby and Adam Moffat to earn his third shutout this year.
Houston will try to snap its eight-game road winless skid Saturday at Sporting Kansas City. Chicago hosts the Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday.
- CHICAGO: 0
Jul 3 10:32 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Half - 1'
Jul 3 8:42 PM
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Revs aim to stop the rot against Fire Jun 12
- Orlando City stuns Fire with late rally Jun 6
- OCSC, Fire lock horns at Toyota Park Jun 5
- Dynamo, Red Bulls clash at BBVA Jun 4
- Chicago invades RFK to tangle with DCU Jun 2