Dynamo trounce Impact to go third in the EastJul 22, 2012 - 2:52 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Dynamo moved into third place in the Eastern Conference with a 3-0 defeat of the Montreal Impact at BBVA Compass Stadium on Saturday.
Macoumba Kandji scored twice in the victory while Bobby Boswell added one in between to lift the Dynamo (9-5-7) to 34 points on the season, putting last season's Eastern Conference champs one point ahead of D.C. United.
Montreal (7-13-3) stays put on 24 points this term, losing its 10th road match of the season.
Kandji opened the scoring just seven minutes into the game when he collected the rebound from a failed backheel shot on goal and stuffed home the second attempt.
The Dynamo held the one-goal lead until dying minutes when Boswell nodded home corner kick from Brad Davis in the 84th minute and Kandji completed his brace in the 89th minute with a finish into the roof of the net off of a fast break.
Houston will look to secure its fourth straight league win next Saturday when it heads to BMO Field to take on Toronto FC. Montreal takes the pitch the same day as it will try to capitalize on home-advantage in its meeting with Red Bull New York.
- MONTREAL: 0
Jul 21 10:33 PM
- Houston Goal - Kandji 3 (unassisted), 89th minute
Impact 0, Dynamo 3 2nd - 89'Jul 21 10:29 PM
- Houston Goal - Boswell 2 (Davis), 84th minute
Impact 0, Dynamo 2 2nd - 85'Jul 21 10:23 PM
- Houston Goal - Kandji 2 (unassisted), 7th minute
Impact 0, Dynamo 1 1st - 10'Jul 21 8:51 PM
- MONTREAL: 0
1st Half - 1'
Jul 21 8:39 PM
- Edu saves point for Union in draw with Impact Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Union ready to tangle with Impact at PPL Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Bradley, Giovinco help TFC topple Montreal Jun 24
- Canadian rivals clash as TFC tangles with Montreal Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Montreal ends Orlando's unbeaten run Jun 20
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Confident Orlando tangles with Montreal Jun 19
- NYCFC tops Impact at Yankee Stadium Jun 13
- NYCFC set to host Impact Jun 12