Dynamo's home woes continue with Revs defeatMay 19, 2013 - 2:58 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - After a 36-game home unbeaten run, the Houston Dynamo has now lost two straight games at BBVA Compass Stadium after a 2-0 defeat to the New England Revolution on Saturday.
Diego Fagundez netted the opening goal in the 51st minute for the Revs, while a Ricardo Clark own goal six minutes from time sealed the victory for New England, snapping a three-game winless streak.
Both teams had a player sent off in a contentious first half as Houston's Bobby Boswell and New England's Dimitry Imbongo both saw red for an altercation five minutes before halftime.
The incident was the biggest talking point in a lackluster first half, but Fagundez brought the match to life in the 51st minute.
The forward exchanged passes at the edge of the penalty area with Clyde Simms and calmly slotted the return ball beyond the reach of goalkeeper Tally Hall.
Will Bruin sent a header narrowly over the crossbar for Houston, while Lee Nguyen struck the post with a first-time shot for the Revs.
Bobby Shuttleworth reacted well to keep out a shot from Brian Ching, and the result was safe six minutes from time when Juan Agudelo's shot went in off the leg of Clark.
- NEW ENGLAND: 2
May 18 10:35 PM
- New England Goal - Clark (OG), 84th minute
Revolution 2, Dynamo 0 2nd - 87'May 18 10:28 PM
- New England Goal - Fagundez 3 (Agudelo), 51st minute
Revolution 1, Dynamo 0 2nd - 54'May 18 9:54 PM
- NEW ENGLAND: 0
May 18 9:30 PM
- NEW ENGLAND: 0
1st Half - 1'
May 18 8:39 PM
- 'Caps ease past Revs at Gillette Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- 'Caps continue road trip in New England Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Kamara leads the way as Columbus edges New England Jun 24
- Revs, Crew SC tangle at MAPFRE Stadium Jun 23
- Rolfe's double leads United past Revs Jun 21
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- East rivals tangle as DCU hosts Revolution Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Revs aim to stop the rot against Fire Jun 12