Latta scores 22 to help Atlanta beat DetroitJul 22, 2009 - 7:20 PM AUBURN HILLS, Mich.(AP) -- Reserves Ivory Latta and Angel McCoughtry combined for 42 points as the Atlanta Dream beat Detroit 98-95 in overtime Wednesday, the latest loss for the defending WNBA champion.
Another reserve, Michelle Snow, added 16 points and 12 rebounds for Atlanta.
Kara Braxton had 25 points and 12 rebounds for Detroit (5-9), which went to overtime for the fourth time in six games and is mired at the bottom of the Eastern Conference.
Chamique Holdsclaw's 3-pointer gave the Dream a 95-91 lead with 1:44 left in overtime, and after a Braxton basket, Deanna Nolan missed a go-ahead 3-pointer with 16 seconds left.
Snow appeared to win the game with a hook shot at end of regulation. The shot was originally ruled good, but a video review showed it came just after the buzzer.
DETROIT 95 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jul 22 2:32 PM
WNBA ATLANTA 87
DETROIT 87 END OF 4TH QTR GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jul 22 2:15 PM
DETROIT 87 FINAL
Jul 22 2:09 PM
DETROIT 22 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 22 12:28 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 26
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 25
- Lisa Borders announced as new WNBA president Feb 10
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3