Fever's Douglas tops 30 points againJul 31, 2009 - 2:18 AM INDIANAPOLIS(AP) -- Katie Douglas scored four of her 32 points in overtime and Indiana limited Connecticut to one point in the extra period as the Fever beat the Sun 94-85 on Thursday night.
The Fever (14-4) improved on the WNBA's best record and dropped Connecticut (9-8) 4 1/2 games behind them.
Douglas, who scored a career-best 34 points Tuesday against Washington, made 10 of 21 field goals and 10 of 12 free throws. She became the first Fever player to post consecutive 30-point games.
Tamika Catchings scored 23 points, and Jessica Moore, playing for injured center Tammy-Sutton Brown (toe), scored 12 for the Fever, who extended their longest single-season, home-winning streak to 10 games. Ebony Hoffman added 10 points.
Asjha Jones led Connecticut with 21 points before fouling out on the first play of overtime. Sandrine Gruda added 19 and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Anete Jekabsone-Zog scored 10 points.
The Fever outscored the Sun 10-1 in overtime.
Erin Phillips made the first of two free throws with 19.2 seconds to go in regulation, but missed the second, leaving the Sun with an 84-82 lead.
Catchings drove the baseline, scored, and was fouled by Jones with 11.6 seconds remaining. She missed the free throw, but Connecticut's Lindsay Whalen missed a baseline jumper at the other end as time expired.
Douglas scored 18 points in the first half.
INDIANA 94 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jul 30 9:27 PM
INDIANA 26 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 30 7:29 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8