Jackson leads Storm past LibertyAug 9, 2009 - 4:07 AM SEATTLE(AP) -- Lauren Jackson had 21 points and nine rebounds to help the Seattle Storm hold off New York 70-69 on Saturday night, spoiling interim Liberty coach Anne Donovan's return to Seattle.
Sue Bird added 12 points and six assists for the Storm (13-9). Janel McCarville led the Liberty (7-14) with 22 points, and Cathrine Kraayeveld had 16.
Donovan, 1-3 since taking over for the fired Pat Coyle on Aug. 1, spent five seasons in Seattle, leading the Storm to the 2004 WNBA title. Last year, she coached the U.S. women's team to the gold medal in the Beijing Olympics.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15