Catchings, Fever rally to top LibertyJun 12, 2011 - 1:34 AM New York, NY (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings scored 19, and the Indiana Fever rallied from 14 points down for an 86-80 win over the New York Liberty to split a home-and-home series.
Katie Douglas added 17 points and Jeanette Pohlen scored 14 off the bench, including a clutch three-pointer in the final minute that sealed the win.
The Fever ended the game on a 9-0 run to bounce back from a tough 81-80 loss on Friday, when Cappie Pondexter nailed the go-ahead jumper for New York with 8.1 seconds remaining.
Essence Carson scored 23 points to lead all players in this one, while Plenette Pierson had 16 and Nicole Powell and Pondexter both scored 13 for the Liberty.
Playing their home opener at Prudential Center, the Liberty led by as many as 14 points in the third quarter. They had an 80-77 advantage inside three minutes in the fourth, but didn't score again.
Jessica Davenport banked in a jumper and Catchings knocked down two free throws to give Indiana the lead. Pohlen then buried a three from the left corner for some distance.
Briann January scored nine of her 13 points for Indiana in the fourth quarter.
- INDIANA: 86
NEW YORK: 80
Jun 11 9:12 PM
- INDIANA: 45
NEW YORK: 49
Jun 11 8:00 PM
- INDIANA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 11 7:11 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22