Fever's hot streak broken by LynxJul 16, 2011 - 1:30 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Rebekkah Brunson scored 20 points and grabbed eight rebounds as the Minnesota Lynx took a 80-70 win over the red-hot Indiana Fever.
Maya Moore added 18 points and Lindsay Whalen chipped 16 for the Lynx, who shot nearly 50 percent from the field and made 56 percent of their shots beyond the arc.
Seimone Augustus added 12 points while Taj McWilliams-Franklin grabbed nine rebounds for the victors.
Tamika Catchings scored a game-high 22 points for the Fever, who had a seven- game win streak snapped. Jessica Davenport was the next leading scorer for Indiana with 13.
With the game tied 41-41 at the half, the Lynx outscored the Fever in each the third and fourth quarters to run away with the win.
- MINNESOTA: 80
Jul 15 9:07 PM
- MINNESOTA: 41
Jul 15 8:00 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 15 7:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22