Fowles powers Sky over StormJul 20, 2011 - 1:32 AM Seattle Storm.
Epiphanny Prince added 23 points for the Sky, while Courtney Vandersloot totaled 11 points and seven assists. Prince and Vandersloot were also named as All-Star reserves for the Eastern Conference Tuesday night.
Sue Bird scored 26 points to lead the Storm, who also received 14 points and 10 rebounds from Ashley Robinson. Swin Cash scored 10 in Seattle's third straight defeat.
Bird's three-pointer had the Storm within 69-68 with just over three minutes left. Tamera Young countered with a turnaround jumper to start a game-ending 9-1 burst.
Down 71-69, the Storm had a chance to tie the game, but Camille Little missed a layup and Chicago's Michelle Snow came up with a steal with 1:25 left. That led to a Prince bank shot with 64 seconds left. Fowles tacked on a three-point play with 39.3 seconds to go.
- SEATTLE: 69
Jul 19 9:07 PM
- SEATTLE: 33
Jul 19 7:53 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 19 7:04 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31