Sun topple Liberty behind Charles, MontgomeryJul 20, 2011 - 2:12 AM Connecticut Sun past the New York Liberty, 85-79.
Charles totaled a game-high 24 points and Montgomery added 13 points and 10 assists for the Sun, winners of three straight.
Kara Lawson (12 points), Danielle McCray (11) and Kalana Greene (10) rounded of Connecticut's double-digit scorers.
Plenette Pierson led New York with 18 points, while Nicole Powell chipped in 14 points and 11 rebounds in the loss, the second for the club in seven games this month -- both coming against the Sun.
Connecticut, which beat New York, 65-59, last Friday, made five of its nine three-pointers in the second quarter to jump out to a 47-35 lead at the break, and the hosts led by as many as 17 in the second half to come away victorious.
- NEW YORK: 79
Jul 19 9:35 PM
- NEW YORK: 35
Jul 19 8:22 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 19 7:38 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22