Storm down Mercury againJul 27, 2011 - 4:49 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Sue Bird scored 18 points and dished out seven assists to lead the Seattle Storm to an 83-77 victory over the Phoenix Mercury.
Camille Little added 15 points on 7-of-10 shooting for the Storm, who halted a four-game road losing streak.
Diana Taurasi scored a game-high 26 points, while Candice Dupree and DeWanna Bonner both finished with 10, as the Mercury fell to the Storm for the ninth consecutive time.
Early on, Phoenix appeared determined to end its dubious streak, outscoring Seattle 27-18 over the first 10 minutes of play and holding a 43-40 advantage at the half.
The Mercury were undone by a horrendous third quarter, however, shooting just 35.3 percent from the field and committing four turnovers to cough up the lead.
Seattle's advantage ballooned to as many as 12 in the fourth.
- SEATTLE: 83
Jul 27 12:02 AM
- SEATTLE: 40
Jul 26 10:55 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 26 10:14 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14