Charles, Sun pummel LynxAug 17, 2011 - 1:57 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Charles was one of five Sun players who scored in double digits, finishing with 16 points to go with 18 rebounds as Connecticut crushed the Minnesota Lynx, 108-79.
Renee Montgomery dropped in 17 points, Asjha Jones added 15 and Kara Lawson and Kelsey Griffin came off the bench to net 16 and 14 points, respectively, in the blowout. Montgomery also handed out seven assists for the Sun, who have won four of their last five.
Lindsay Whalen paced the league-leading Lynx with 20 points.
Maya Moore shot just 1-for-7 from the floor and netted only two points in a homecoming of sorts. The rookie guided the University of Connecticut to a pair of national championships during a stellar four-year career there.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14