Augustus, Lynx beat Silver Stars again; clinch WestAug 28, 2011 - 9:39 PM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus scored 20 points, Maya Moore had 19 with 12 rebounds and the Minnesota Lynx beat the San Antonio Silver Stars for the second time in three days, 72-61, to clinch the Western Conference title.
The Lynx secured the franchise's first regular season West title after capturing their fifth straight win and 16th in their last 18 games. As the top seed, they will have home court advantage through the conference playoffs.
Minnesota finished 4-0 against San Antonio this season, including an 85-75 win on Friday in the first game of a home-and-home.
All of San Antonio's highest scorers came off the bench -- Roneeka Hodges scored 12 points and Jia Perkins and Tully Bevilaqua both had 10. The Silver Stars have lost six in a row.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14