Mercury pound ShockAug 31, 2011 - 2:23 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - DeWanna Bonner dropped a game-high 25 points and pulled down nine rebounds, while Diana Taurasi netted 23 points as the Phoenix Mercury pounded the hapless Tulsa Shock, 96-74.
Temeka Johnson added 16 points and Candice Dupree chipped in with 14 points for the Mercury, winners of two straight.
Liz Cambage led the Shock with 16 points and Ivory Latta scored 15 in 27 minutes of action. Amber Holt added 11 points for Tulsa, which fell to an abysmal 3-26 on the season. The Shock had won their previous two games.
Phoenix led by seven after the first quarter and didn't look back. Poor shooting doomed the Shock, as they sank 36.8 percent from the field, while the Mercury shot 56.9 percent from the floor.
- PHOENIX: 96
Aug 30 10:00 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 30 8:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8