Storm earns home-court advantage with victory over MercurySep 10, 2011 - 4:37 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Katie Smith scored 26 points off the bench as the Seattle Storm clinched the second seed in the Western Conference with an 85-70 win over the Phoenix Mercury.
The win also gave Seattle home-court advantage in next week's playoff series against Phoenix.
Tanisha Wright added 18 points, and Sue Bird contributed 15 points and four assists in Seattle's third straight win.
Diana Taurasi scored a game-high 36 points, and Candice Dupree added 12 points for the Mercury, who had a two-game win streak snapped.
Phoenix took a 41-35 lead into the half, but Seattle dominated the second half.
- PHOENIX: 70
Sep 10 12:10 AM
- PHOENIX: 41
Sep 9 10:56 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 9 10:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14