Dream beat Fever to secure No. 3 seed in EastSep 11, 2011 - 11:21 PM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry scored 32 points and pulled down five rebounds, as the Atlanta Dream took down the Indiana Fever, 93-88, in the regular-season finale for a pair of playoff-bound teams.
Alison Bales added 15 points and 11 boards off the bench for the Dream (20-14), who secured the third seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Lindsey Harding had 13 points.
Katie Douglas finished with 30 points for the Fever (21-13), who are the No. 1 seed in the East. Jessica Davenport donated 15 points and nine rebounds off the bench.
Indiana will host the New York Liberty (19-15) in the first round, while Atlanta will head to Connecticut for a matchup with the Sun (21-13).
The Dream went 4-0 against the Fever this season.
- ATLANTA: 93
Sep 11 7:05 PM
- ATLANTA: 47
Sep 11 6:02 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 11 5:12 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27