Silver Stars beat Lynx to even seriesSep 18, 2011 - 11:38 PM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Jia Perkins scored 24 points, Sophia Young had 23 and the San Antonio Silver Stars topped the Minnesota Lynx, 84-75, on Sunday to even their Western Conference semifinals series at 1-1.
The fourth-seeded Silver Stars got 18 points from Becky Hammon and beat Minnesota for the first time in six tries this season.
The top-seeded Lynx went 4-0 against San Antonio during the regular season -- part of their WNBA-best 27-7 record -- and captured Game 1 by a point on Friday, but shot just 39.5 percent in this one and never held a lead.
Seimone Augustus scored 24 points and Maya Moore added 16 for Minnesota, which will get another chance to close out the best-of-three series when it hosts Game 3 on Tuesday.
- MINNESOTA: 75
SAN ANTONIO: 84
Sep 18 7:15 PM
- MINNESOTA: 37
SAN ANTONIO: 40
Sep 18 5:58 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 18 5:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14