Mercury defeat Storm to tie seriesSep 18, 2011 - 4:22 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Candice Dupree dropped in a game-high 29 points as the Phoenix Mercury knotted their Western Conference semifinals set at one- game apiece with a 92-83 victory over the Seattle Storm.
Diana Taurasi added 26 points and DeWanna Bonner recorded a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds for Phoenix, which snapped a five-game skid against the Storm.
Tanisha Wright led the Storm with 18 points, Sue Bird scored 17, while Lauren Jackson, Camille Little and Katie Smith each contributed 14 points for Seattle.
Phoenix scored the first five points of the game and then never trailed for the remainder of the night, leading by as much as 15 in the contest. The home team took a 51-40 edge to the break.
Game 3 is set for Seattle on Monday.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14