Lynx down Silver Stars for 1st playoff series victorySep 21, 2011 - 2:30 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus scored 22 points and added eight rebounds as the Minnesota Lynx defeated the San Antonio Silver Stars, 85-67, in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals.
It was the first-ever playoff series victory for the Lynx as they move on to face the Phoenix Mercury in the Western Conference Finals with Game 1 set for Thursday in Minnesota.
Taj McWilliams-Franklin had 16 points, Rebekkah Brunson added 15 points and nine boards, while Maya Moore totaled 14 points and six rebounds for the Lynx, who have home-court advantage throughout the playoffs thanks to a 27-7 regular season.
Sophia Young had 17 points while Becky Hammon added 15 points and five assists for the Silver Stars, who finished fourth in the Western Conference with a mark of 18-16.
After a close first period that saw the Silver Stars take a 19-18 edge, the Lynx exploded in the second quarter with a 17-0 run that saw the team take a 35-22 lead.
The halftime break saw the Lynx holding a 44-36 lead, and they made it 66-56 after 30 minutes.
The Silver Stars, who turned the ball over 17 times, never threatened in the final quarter.
- SAN ANTONIO: 67
Sep 20 10:01 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 37
Sep 20 8:51 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 20 8:05 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14