Fever pull away in fourth to down SkyMay 26, 2012 - 3:15 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings scored a game-high 22 points to go along with five assists as the Indiana Fever downed the Chicago Sky, 83-72, on Friday.
Katie Douglas added 21 points and Jessica Davenport chipped in 12 for the Sky, who improved to 2-0 on the season.
Sylvia Fowles recorded a double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds in a losing effort for Chicago, which dropped its record to 1-1.
Epiphanny Prince finished with 17 points for Chicago.
Neither team took a lead larger than five points over a back-and-forth first three quarters that saw 12 lead changes and 10 ties.
Indiana held a 58-54 edge entering the fourth quarter and it remained a close game until Catchings' floater sparked a 13-4 run that gave the Fever a 76-63 advantage with just over three minutes left. The Sky trailed by double-digits for the remainder of the contest.
- INDIANA: 83
May 25 11:00 PM
- INDIANA: 37
May 25 9:27 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 25 8:41 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2