Hammon scores 30 as San Antonio beats PhoenixJun 2, 2012 - 2:35 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Becky Hammon made seven three-pointers en route to 30 points, as the San Antonio Silver Stars defeated the Phoenix Mercury, 85-66.
Hammon went 9-for-14 from the field and 7-of-9 from three-point range.
Sophia Young posted a double-double, scoring 16 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.
DeWanna Bonner and Candice Dupree scored 17 apiece for Phoenix in the losing effort.
San Antonio had success on the fast break, scoring 30 of its points in transition, while holding Phoenix to 17.
San Antonio broke the game open in the second half, outscoring Phoenix 41-29 and holding the Mercury to a mere 24.2 percent from the field.
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6