Bonner helps Mercury take down SkyJun 30, 2012 - 3:15 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - DeWanna Bonner posted 27 points and seven rebounds to help the Phoenix Mercury slip past the Chicago Sky, 84-81, at Allstate Arena.
Charde Houston scored 16 points with five rebounds and four assists while Samantha Prahalis added 14 points for the Mercury, who had dropped five of six coming into the game.
Swin Cash had 16 points, Shay Murphy added 15 while Courtney Vandersloot added 13 points and six assists for the Sky, who have dropped their past four games.
A Sonja Petrovic three-pointer with 13.9 seconds to play cut the Sky's deficit to 82-81, but Krystal Thomas countered with two free throws with 7.9 seconds to play.
Cash's three-point attempt at the buzzer didn't drop.
- PHOENIX: 84
Jun 29 10:42 PM
- PHOENIX: 49
Jun 29 9:30 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 29 8:44 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA set to unveil new marketing campaign "Watch Me Work" Jan 28
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18