Prince helps Sky top LibertySep 8, 2012 - 2:23 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Epiphanny Prince poured in a game-high 30 points and pulled down five rebounds as the Chicago Sky beat the New York Liberty, 92-83, on Friday at Prudential Center.
Tamera Young netted 19 points on 8-of-11 shooting and grabbed five boards, Courtney Vandersloot added 12 points and Swin Cash donated 10 points in the victory for Chicago, which leap-frogged New York and moved into fourth place in the Eastern Conference.
Cappie Pondexter led the Liberty with 24 points, Plenette Pierson had 15 points, while Kara Braxton and Essence Carson put home 13 and 12 points, respectively, as New York saw it's two-game winning streak come to an end.
Chicago led 25-18 after one quarter and 46-41 at halftime before taking control in the third quarter, outscoring the Liberty 26-20 in the frame.
New York fought back in the final frame, but the hill was ultimately too large to climb.
The Sky shot an efficient 50.8 percent and grew their lead to as large as 13.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8