Sun rout MercurySep 13, 2012 - 4:52 AM Connecticut Sun took a 100-78 win over the Phoenix Mercury.
Mistie Mims had 15 points and nine rebounds, Kalana Greene added 14 points and Danielle McCray scored 13 for the Sun, who have won three of their last four and sit atop the Eastern Conference.
DeWanna Bonner had 24 points and 10 rebounds, Charde Houston added 13 points and Nakia Sanford totaled 10 points and seven boards for the Mercury, who have lost three of four.
Connecticut trailed at the half by two points, but outscored Phoenix by 11 points in the third quarter and continued to build on its margin in the final frame.
- CONNECTICUT: 100
Sep 13 12:41 AM
- CONNECTICUT: 43
Sep 12 11:28 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 12 10:35 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3