Shock rally in fourth quarter to down MercurySep 15, 2012 - 4:15 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Riquna Williams scored 12 of her 16 points in the fourth quarter as the Tulsa Shock rallied to take a 92-84 victory over the Phoenix Mercury on Friday.
Ivory Latta netted a game-high 20 points to go along with five rebounds, while Glory Johnson added 18 points for the Shock, who snapped a four-game slide.
Lynetta Kizer dropped in a season-high 19 points and pulled down seven boards for Phoenix, which dropped its third straight.
Dymond Simon had 16 points, six rebounds and six assists, while Krystal Thomas finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds in defeat.
The Mercury carried a 68-66 edge into the fourth quarter and opened the frame with a pair of Simon free throws to stretch their lead up to four points, but Tulsa answered with a 14-6 run to take an 80-76 advantage.
After Nakia Sanford put an end to the spurt with a layup to bring Phoenix back within two, Tulsa reeled off the next seven points to go on top, 87-78, with just over three minutes left and the Mercury did not get closer than six points from there.
- TULSA: 92
Sep 14 11:54 PM
- TULSA: 42
Sep 14 10:51 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 14 10:14 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8