Liberty use big second half to top ShockSep 23, 2012 - 12:07 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Plenette Pierson poured in 19 points to go with eight rebounds and five assists as the New York Liberty used a big second half to down the Tulsa Shock, 91-74, on Saturday.
Essence Carson netted 18 points and grabbed eight rebounds, while Cappie Pondexter added 17 points, six rebounds and five assists for the Liberty, who snapped a two-game slide. Kia Vaughn contributed 14 points off the bench.
Ivory Latta scored 16 points and handed out six assists for the Shock. who saw their three-game winning streak come to an end. Riquna Williams donated 14 points in the setback.
New York trailed, 50-40, at halftime, but came out inspired in the third quarter and blew out the Shock, 24-9 in the frame. New York led 64-59 heading into the fourth and didn't look back the rest of the way.
The Liberty dominated on the glass, 44-26, to overcome 17 turnovers.
- TULSA: 74
NEW YORK: 91
Sep 22 4:15 PM
- TULSA: 50
NEW YORK: 40
Sep 22 2:56 PM
- TULSA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 22 2:13 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22