Delle Donne, Fowles lift Sky past LibertyJun 26, 2013 - 7:35 PM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Elena Delle Donne scored 26 points, grabbed seven rebounds and handed out six assists, leading the Chicago Sky to an 87-74 victory over the New York Liberty at Allstate Arena.
Sylvia Fowles contributed 19 points and 14 rebounds for the Sky, who have won two straight and improved to 4-0 at home this season. Epiphanny Prince chipped in 14 points and Shay Murphy scored 13 off the bench in the victory.
Cappie Pondexter scored 21 points and Leilani Mitchell added 12 for New York, which has lost two in a row and fell to 0-3 on the road.
The Liberty dominated the first quarter, racing out to a 13-2 lead and opening a 30-13 cushion before Prince hit two free throws to close the period. The Sky then turned the tables and used a 25-5 run to grab a 40-37 lead late in the second.
Chicago carried a 44-42 edge into the intermission and it remained close throughout the third period with the Sky clinging to a 62-61 margin. The Sky opened the fourth with the first eight points and New York never got closer than six from there.
- NEW YORK: 74
Jun 26 2:29 PM
- NEW YORK: 42
Jun 26 1:27 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 26 12:39 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8